This article shows you how to print shipping labels through the UPS eFulfillment Portal if you are connecting your own UPS shipping carrier account and looking to ship orders from your own warehouse. It also references some additional functionality that you might find helpful.
**NOTE: The Label printing client is currently only available for PC.
- Viewing and Selecting an Order
- Choosing Your Shipping Options
- Comparing Shipping Rates
- Printing a Label
- Bulk Label Printing
- Partially Shipping Orders
- Weight and Dimension Management
- Related Articles
Viewing and Selecting an Order
To select an order to ship:
1) Hover over ORDERS in the menu and select Orders Manager.
2) By default, we display all orders in Pending Shipment status. These are the paid orders waiting to be shipped out.
3) If you want to refine your search, we offer a lot of search options.
- If you would like to learn more, please see <>.
4) If you want to view the items in the orders, select the Items tab.
5) Select at least one order or ordered item by clicking the checkbox on the left.
Choosing Your Shipping Options
With an order or item selected:
1) Click on the SHIP NOW button. The shipping flyout will appear.
2) If you are shipping your first order, an overlay window prompts you to download the UPS eFulfillment Label Printing Client.
- The UPS eFulfillment Label Printing Client is a small widget that allows us to communicate with your computer's printers. You cannot print shipping labels without performing this one-time installation.
- For more information about the shipping client, including an important step for Firefox users, see <>.
3) If you want to review the items in the order, select Items in the sidebar menu.
4) If you want to view the ship to address and info, select Customer in the sidebar menu.
- You can also edit the ship to address and phone number on this tab.
5) If you select more than one order, the Items and Customer views aren't available.
6) Edit or enter the Total Weight if necessary.
- If you would like our system to automatically pull the weight from your scale, please see <>.
7) Depending on the shipping method you chose, you may need to enter Package Dimensions.
8) Select a shipping method from the Ship With combo box.
9) Select a Package Type from the combo box.
10) If you want to add insurance or require a signature, click on the MORE OPTIONS button. You can also choose to bill a different UPS account.
11) The estimated delivery date and shipping cost are displayed. The "TOTAL SHIP FEES" are the shipping fees that your buyer paid when they placed the order.
Shipping rules help automate shipping label printing. They are the fastest way to ship. To learn about shipping rules, see <>.
Comparing Shipping Rates
If you are shipping one order at a time, you can see how much different shipping methods would cost you. You can't compare rates if you select more than one order. To compare rates:
1) Click on Compare Rates in the sidebar menu.
2) If the weight and dimension fields aren't populated, enter values in them.
3) You can select a shipping method by hovering over that estimate and clicking on the arrow that appears on the right-hand side.
4) If you select a method, you will be taken back to the SHIPPING pane. Your selected method is displayed in the "Ship With" field.
Printing a Label
Once you've selected all of your shipping options:
1) Click the PRINT button.
2) We switch you over to the History pane so that you can view the status of your label.
- If there is an error, it is displayed in the HISTORY pane.
3) Your label prints on the printer designated in the Settings tab of the Ship Now panel.
- For more info on selecting your printer or printing packing slips with your shipping labels, please see <>.
4) We instantly add the tracking and shipment information to the order and mark it as shipped.
5) We automatically put the tracking info into a queue to communicate back to the marketplace.
- When our tracking service runs, the order will update to shipped status on the marketplace. Because the tracking works through a queue, the communication back to the marketplace isn't instant.
6) When you select your next order, we switch you back to the Shipping pane so that you are ready to print your next label.
Bulk Label Printing
To print a batch of labels:
1) Select at least two orders and click the SHIP NOW button.
2) You will see the multiple order confirmation at the top of the Ship Now panel.
3) If you don't see the shipping options, check the Override shipping options box.
4) Populate the Ship With and Packaging Type combo boxes.
- These options are applied to all of your selected orders.
5) If you want to add Insurance or a Signature Type, click on the MORE OPTIONS button.
- These options are applied to all of your selected orders.
6) If all of the selected items have weights saved in the system, we will automatically use the saved weights for each package.
- If you manually enter a weight, it will apply to each of your selected orders.
7) If you are using stock packaging from UPS, for example, the UPS Medium Express Box, the standard packaging dimensions will be used for all labels.
8) If you are using custom packaging, and all of the selected items have dimensions saved in the system, we'll automatically use the saved dimensions.
- If you manually enter dimensions, they will apply to each of your selected orders.
9) When you've populated all of your shipping options, click PRINT to print all of your labels.
10) We switch you over to the History pane so that you can view the status of your labels.
- If there are any errors, they are displayed in the HISTORY pane.
11) When you select another order, we automatically switch you back to the Shipping pane so that you are ready to print more labels.
When bulk printing, some people like to process multiple item orders first to make bulk printing labels for the single item orders easier. To find your multiple item orders, click the All filters button in the search bar. In the Advanced Filter combo box, select Orders with Multiple Items.
If you have created shipping rules that cover the full range of orders that you selected, the system will apply the correct rule to each order. To apply shipping rules instead of using the overrides, uncheck the Override shipping options box.
Partially Shipping Orders
The UPS eFulfillment portal offers the ability to partially ship orders for multiple items. To learn more, see <>.
Weight and Dimension Management
When you connect your UPS eFulfillment Portal to a marketplace, we import the weight, dimensions, and image for each product (so long as the marketplace provides this information).
When you connect to an additional marketplace, we search our system for each of the SKUs listed on that newer marketplace. If the SKU from the newer marketplace already exists in our system, we keep the weight, dimensions, and image from the first marketplace.
You can edit the weights and dimensions that we import or add weights and dimensions if they didn't import. To learn how, please see <>.
Here's how we use the weights and dimensions saved in the portal:
When printing labels, we automatically populate the weight saved in our system. You can override the saved weight by manually entering a new value or connecting a scale.
If there isn't a weight saved in our system, you will need to enter one manually.
If you are using stock packaging from UPS, for example, the UPS Medium Express Box, you don't need to enter dimensions for your shipment. We have the standard dimensions for all stock packaging.
If you use custom packaging, we will automatically populate the dimensions saved in our system. You can override the saved dimensions by manually entering your own values.
If there aren't any dimensions saved in our system, you will need to manually enter dimensions.