What we'll cover:
- Packaging Default Setting
- Selecting Packaging Preferences
- Related Articles
- "Product Sending Requirements" Video
As part of the UPS eFulfillment services, we prepare your merchandise for shipping. UPS eFulfillment technology uses algorithms to select the appropriate package type to minimize the cost of your shipment.
Our goal in the packaging process is to select the most suitable packaging that properly protects your merchandise while minimizing the shipping cost (lowest cube).
Presently we offer the following packaging types:
- Poly Mailers (non-padded, 2 sizes) – Works well with soft goods.
- Corrugated Boxes with Air pillow dunnage (multiple box sizes) - Will protect most non-fragile items.
Fragile items must be packaged in their own inner-packs by the merchant before being over-packed with one of UPS eFulfillment’s corrugated boxes and air pillows.
- Ship Ready - items you designate that do not require overpacking for shipping.
Designating ship ready helps you save money in two ways (1) avoid over 15 lb. supplies charges from UPS eFulfillment and (2) avoid increased shipping cost due to larger dimensions of overpack box (dimensional weight).
Packaging Default Setting
If a package type is not selected, the UPS eFulfillment system uses the following defaults to select packaging:
- Select the smallest packaging size possible based on cube of shipment contents
- We assume all items require over-packing (unless you designate the item as “Ship Ready”)
Selecting Packaging Preferences
We realize that you may have preferences on how you want a SKU packaged. The following preferences can be selected on each SKU by clicking the Pencil icon or done in bulk in the Products Manager.
- Ship Ready: The individual unit does not need to be over-packed for shipment, but can be over-packed when shipped as a multi-unit order (Corrugate Only)
- Ship Alone: The individual unit does not need to be over-packed for shipment, but cannot be over-packed when shipped as a multi-unit order
- Corrugate Only (DEFAULT PREFERENCE) The individual unit must be over-packed in a box, or similar ‘hard’ sided packaging. Orders with a “Corrugate Only” SKU will be “Corrugate Only” regardless of the classification of the other SKUs in the same shipment
- Mailer: The individual unit may be over-packed into a padded or hard-sided flat mailer. Individual units or multi-unit orders that do not fit in the Mailers would be cartonized in Corrugate packaging. Multi-unit orders with any other Packaging Preference will be cartonized to Corrugate packaging
- Polybag: The individual unit may be over-packed into a soft polybag. Individual units or multi-unit orders that do not fit in a Polybag will be cartonized to Corrugate packaging. Multi-Unit orders with any other Packaging Preference will be cartonized to Corrugate Packaging
- Preparing Your Inbound Shipments for Receipt in the Warehouse
- How to Create an In-Bound Shipment (ASN)
- Creating, Pricing and Accepting a Work Order (WO)