Connecting UPS to a UPS account allows you to print labels for any UPS shipping method, including SurePost and Mail Innovations.
You will receive your negotiated rates on all labels. You can even save multiple UPS profiles so you can control which account gets billed. The UPS profiles can be selected in the Shipping Rules and Order Manager.
What we'll cover in this article:
Connecting to UPS
1) In UPS, go to the ADMIN menu -> Manage Shipping Carriers.
2) Click on the NEW button.
3) Select UPS from the Add a New Shipping Profile drop-down. Click the ADD button.
3) Enter a Profile Name. If this is your primary UPS account, make sure the Is Default box is checked.
- Do not populate any fields in the profile. Your Access License will automatically be generated for you.
4) Click the NEXT button.
5) A technology agreement will load. Scroll to the bottom of the agreement. Check the Yes, I Do box that appears. Click NEXT.
6) Enter your UPS Account Number, User ID, and UPS Password.
- If you don't know your UPS User ID, access your UPS.com account and click on the name in the top right hand corner. From the drop-down menu, click on My Settings. Click on Edit User Profile from the Manage My Settings Information page.
7) Click NEXT.
If you are successful, your registration will be confirmed.
Troubleshooting - Address Verification Failure
If you get an error after clicking the Next button, UPS's address verification process probably failed. Here's how to pass the verification:
1) In your ups.com account, go to the My UPS menu -> Maintain Your UPS Account.
2) Select your account from the Account Number drop-down. Click Continue.
- Your address will be named either: Your Pickup Address or Your Location Address.
3) In UPS, go to the ADMIN menu -> Manage Seller Account.
4) Select the DEFAULT SHIP FROM ADDRESS tab.
5) Make sure all the fields in your UPS Default Shipping Address are identical to your UPS Pickup or Location Address (including the email address).
6) For the Ship From Company field, enter your UPS Account Name.
- You can locate your UPS Account Name in My UPS -> Account Summary. It's in the UPS Account Details section.
7) Click the Save Shipping Information button.
8) Try connecting to your UPS account again.
After you connect, you can change your Default Ship From Address if you want to use a different default with UPS. UPS won't verify your address again.